I’m going for a fun(ish) theme with this one, by reciting some key quotes and sayings I have heard that add humour to key points which businesses should take note of:
1) To start something is easy but to finish something, it requires special effort
2) Don’t open a shop unless you like to smile
3) If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur
4) In these troubled economic times remember to be aware of little expenses because a small leak will sink a great ship. Wasteful spending can sink a great business.
5) Respect is a two way street
6) Wherever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.
7) Finally, a great lesson in marketing:
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You went up to her and say “I am very rich. Marry me”. That’s DIRECT MARKETING
You are at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says, “He is very rich. Marry him”. That’s ADVERTISING
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day you called her and say, “Hi, I am very rich. Marry me”. That’s TELEMARKETING.
You are at a party and see a beautiful girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink. You offer her a ride home, and then say, ‘By the way, I’m very rich. Will you marry me?’. That’s PUBLIC RELATIONS.
You are at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, “You are very rich”.
That’s BRAND RECOGNITION.
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, “I am very rich. Marry me”.
She gives you a nice hard slap on your face. That’s CUSTOMER FEEDBACK!
If last year wasn’t good for you, theres a huge change for you to make this year, your year. Make sure you won’t have to live with any regrets into the future.
Michael is a business advisor that gives real and modern business advice that encourages thinking different and using strategies that are unique. To date, he has given over 4000+ hours of advisory with business owners.
He was awarded the Best Business Enterprise Centre Mentor/Advisor Australia 2014 and also the youngest person to ever receive the award.
He is a regular contributor to many publications including the national 'Inside Small Business Magazine', Business columnist for 'The Western weekender', 'The Village Voice' and more.